Re: ssh not found error

Shyam Sarkar wrote:
Hi all,

I had 'ssh not found error' with my installation which I solved by selecting relevant
package to load. There are some related errors to connect to a remove linux box.
Now I have Xwin not found error. Also it is not finding startxwin.sh
file in /usr/X11R6/bin.

Can anyone help me on this ? Can someone tell me all the packages needed to run
Xwindows on a remote linux box ? If possible please tell me the steps.

You always have to install the packages for the apps you want if they aren't in the Base set (which is only a very small subset of packages that are available with the Cygwin distribution.) If you don't want to look for the packages you need, or you're not interested in installing entire categories of packages, then you might want to consider just installing all the packages. This will could make it easier for you. As for X, since that's a category, you can just choose to install the category. If you can't figure out how to do this, you can always follow the direction in the Cygwin-X User's Guide.

<http://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/setup-cygwin-x-installing.html>

Reading the documentation and FAQs when you have a question can be very
informative.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746