RE: __CYGWIN_USE_BIG_TYPES__

John Emmas wrote on 09 October 2008 15:43:

> Create an empty CPP source file and simply add the following line:-
>
> #include <fstream>
>
> Now try to compile the file.  In my case I get around 50 errors, the first
> of which is:-
>
> \usr\include\pthread.h:  77: error: `pthread_attr_t' was not declared in
> this scope
>
> Now change the file's extension to ".c" and re-compile.  This gives
> another host of errors, but different errors from the previous ones..!

  Use "gcc" to compile C files and "g++" to compile C++ files.

> If you can't reproduce this, then the most likely cause is that

... you forgot to show us the compiler command-line you're using.

/tmp $ cat f.cpp

#include <fstream>

int main (int argc, const char **argv)
{
  return 0;
}
/tmp $ g++ f.cpp -o f
/tmp $ echo $?
0
/tmp $

> BTW, am I right in thinking that Cygwin's gcc is still at revision 3.4.4?

  We have a separate set of gcc-4 packages.  See
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2008-09/msg00005.html

    cheers,
      DaveK