RE: __CYGWIN_USE_BIG_TYPES__

John Emmas wrote on 09 October 2008 16:56:

> From: "Dave Korn"
>
>> ... you forgot to show us the compiler command-line you're using.
>>
> Sorry, I realised almost as soon as I'd posted.  Here's what gets sent to
> g++ (I've split all the elements onto different line just to improve
> legibility).  Is this enough Dave?
> .
> g++.exe -Wall  -g
> -IF:/test/libs/vamp-sdk/
> -IC:/cygwin/usr/include/mingw

  Do not attempt to include mingw headers if you are not building a mingw
program!

> -IC:/cygwin/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++

  Do not mess about with the compiler's private include dirs!

  Sounds like your makefile is trying to be overly clever.  Let the compiler
choose the system include paths and it will always be right.  Try and
second-guess it and you're on a hiding to nothing: either you'll get it right
and everything will be the same as if you had saved yourself the bother, or
you'll get it wrong and run into bugs.

  Does it work if you remove those two -I options?

    cheers,
      DaveK