Re: how install ifort in cygwin ???

Brian Dessent wrote:
> meyus wrote:
>
>> I try to install the compilator ifort in cygwin but i have this message :
>> Error etc... don't find 'ldd' ???
>
> It sounds like you're trying to run an install script for Linux
> binaries.  That's never going to work, primarily because there is no
> 'ldd' command in Cygwin, but even if there was[1] it wouldn't matter as
> Cygwin can't run Linux binaries anyway.  Cygwin emulates Linux at the
> source level, not the binary level.
>
> If you want to use the Intel Fortran compiler with Cygwin you must use
> the Windows version, which is probably not what you want to hear because
> the Windows version is not free.  If you want a modern and free Fortran
> compiler that works with Cygwin you should use gfortran.

Brian's advice is good, but you can get a free evaluation of ifort Windows
for about 3 months:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-visual-fortran-compiler-for-windows/announcement/193/
This will require Microsoft linker and libraries, such as those which come
with Visual Studio Express 2005 and 2008 (for 32-bit support only).  I
generally run it by opening the ifort command window and running the
cygwin.bat there.  You may then have to edit the ifort.cfg so as to direct
ifort to use the Microsoft linker path, rather than the cygwin one.