Re: Syntax error setup.ini datestamp 1226293828

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I just went to a relatively current mirror to download the old version
> of the setup.hint so that I could try to fix upset to give an error when
> it finds a nested double quote.  But:

[snip]

> there are no nested double quotes in this setup.hint.  That would seem
> to imply that the nested double quote was recent.

No, I looked back thru my archives. The setup.hint got changed on
sourceware sometime in the last two years, but I forgot about it and
re-uploaded the (same old, unchanged but buggy) hint file when I
regenerated the new gettext package.

Blame it on transitioning from one computer to another. On my old
computer, /usr/src/gettext/TODO sez:

====
Fix libasprintf0.hint

use RESTRICT=automatic-postinstall-gnu-info
        instead of SUPPRESS_AUTOMATIC_INSTALLINFO
====

Oops.  Sorry.  Fixed now in my 1.7 devel area.

--
Chuck