RE: MinTTY

Thorsten Kampe wrote on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 9:40 AM:
> you have to use "start".

Or "cygstart.exe"?

> Windows has a GUI setting for user and system variables (which is
> quite lenthy to access).

Start Menu =>
  Settings =>
    Control Panel =>
      System (applet) =>
        Advanced (tab) =>
          Environment Variables (button) =>
            New (button)

Though it's not short, "quite lengthy" sounds longer than I find it
in practice.

Though it might be nice if setup.exe had a button that opened a
dialog to set %CYGWIN% with all the currently available options as
radio buttons.  (I know: PTC.)  Or since the mount table is moving
from the Registry to a file, maybe in 1.7 %CYGWIN% could be in a
text file.

- Barry