Re: scsh-0.6.7-2: (date) fails to use local time zone after the first call

John Russell schrieb:
According the the scsh manual, (date) is supposed to return the
current date in the local time zone.   However, in the Cygwin
scsh-0.6.7-2 package, it only works that way the first time that
(date) is called.  After that, it returns dates in the UTC timezone.

Test script:

#!/usr/bin/scsh -s
!#
(define (show-date d)
  (display (date:tz-name d))
  (display " ")
  (display (date:tz-secs d))
  (newline))

(show-date (date))
(show-date (date))

Using the Cygwin scsh-0.6.7-2 package, I get this incorrect output --
the two lines should be the same:

PST+8 -28800
UCT 0

I uninstalled the Cygwin scsh package, and rebuilt scsh from source,
using the scsh-0.6.7.tar.gz tarball.  I got the same incorrect
results.

I remade scsh in a Fedora environment from the same tarball, and I got
correct results:

PST+8 -28800
PST+8 -28800

So far, I haven't figured out why I get different results on Cygwin.
I did observe that, on Cygwin, different #ifdef compilation conditions
are used in compiling time1.c.   When compiling on Cygwin, HAVE_TZNAME
is true and HAVE_STRUCT_TM_TM_ZONE is false.  When compiling on
Fedora, the opposite is the case.  I don't know if that is relevant to
my problem, but I thought I'd mention it for what it's worth.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

Thanks. It looks like a untested logic for our HAVE_TZNAME case.

Please report upstream.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/  http://murbreak.at/