Re: Question about windows shortchts to start a bash script

LMHmedchem wrote:
I added "c:\cygwin\bin;" to the path and that seems to have corrected the
problem, thanks for the tip.

Two questions if you have a minute,

1. At first I tried adding cygwin to the end of the path, but that didn't
work. I checked my other machine and found cygwin immediately after
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;
I stuck cygwin in as the first entry after Wbem, and it worked after that. I
am surprised that it matters where it is in the list. Does it actually
matter or do you think I made an error in my first entry?

The order doesn't matter.

2. There was another variable on my other machine,
Variable name:
CYGWIN
Variable value:
ntsec tty

I did not set up that environment and I am wondering if that really needs to
be there.

No, it's not a requirement. 'ntsec' is default now, so that setting is redundant. 'tty' is only needed if you require pty emulation in a Cygwin shell started from a Windows cmd.exe window. See:

<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html>

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746