Re: SYSTEM as root user

The reason is something that most of the people not be interested.

Reason is that i am tring to port Webmin+Virtualmin to the Cygwin for web
Administration as it is. I ran webmin as SYSTEM user and in cron module i
 gave it command like 'su USER -c "crontab -l"'. So webmin is now write
crontab for other users. The reason is that SYSTEM user can 'su' to any
 user without any password needed now the problem is that webmin
knows 'root' as superuser as it is in native in any linux system and in
the cygwin it is 'Administrator' user it runs everything as it is supose
to be but the problem comes when it is permissions on the conf files and
other under /usr/local/webmin. I was just gussing that if i made SYSTEM
 user as root user then the problem with the permissions will go
away the only problem is that i cant ssh or anything else similar
by root user as it will be SYSTEM user and it does not have any password
then the question apears what will happen to other application under
that are under cygwin like chmod, named, httpd, and all the others.

the procedure i thought is following in steps

run bash as SYSTEM user (i got code how to do that)

run setup.exe (i am using Cygwin 1.7)

install just for me

edit passwd to make copy of SYSTEM User to above all others and rename to
root, Administrator become admin

install webmin as root user

what will next happen dont know

Why webmin - it can do crontab for others, useradmin works fine, even mount
works fine, and bunch of other things too