Re: new x.org server - startx and xinit fail?

Ah, installing a number of fonts in Cygwin setup's X11 list, that allows xinit to produce a working X11 virtual desktop window. Once I launch a window manager it's usable, with xterms etc.

However, /usr/bin/startx and treating X windows as Windows windows appears to have problems with spaces in path names, as outlined below.