Re: side effects after installing gcc-3.4.4.999

"Dave Korn" wrote:>
Then again, it may be a sign that we're missing a flush somewhere in the
Cygwin DLL. Are you trying with 1.5 or 1.7? If you haven't tried 1.7 yet,

using 1.5. But, i have installed 1.7 yesterday evening.

I created shortcuts to dir.exe, ls.exe, uname.exe and users.exe to see if gcc
was the only program impacted.

No change. After the program has done his job, cmd is waiting for input, without
displaying its prompt.

So i think now cmd.exe is causing the behaviour. And the behaviour does not
manifest if the program sends nothing to the console. For example,
if you compile something and there is no error and no warning, then
everything is ok.

In the meantime, I suggest that you don't worry too much about it. The
compiler works, every command you enter is executed, and the only thing wrong
is that the prompt goes missing somehow. That hopefully won't break any of
your scripts or batch files.

Right.

Thanks.