Re: Connecting to cygwin ssh is slow

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009, UdiK <yeesh@it is hard to remember this> wrote:
> Well, I'm still stuck. I tried to change UseDNS to 'no', but editing
> the sshd_config file was impossible. The file is owned by cyg_server
> and even the Administrator user can't write to it. I tried to change
> the file permissions and ssh crashed and the service wouldn't start.

How did you change permissions, Cygwin's chmod?  If so, I would
suggest trying the Windows right-click Properties - Security choices
to add Administrators with Full Control.  That would leave actual
Windows permissions unchanged for anyone else.  But I don't know how
Cygwin's file ownership notions map Windows to Cygwin, so I don't know
if that screws anything up Cygwin-wise.

--
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd@panix.com