Re: DOS programs under "screen"

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 5:11 PM, James Calfee <jcalfee@accessrxs.com> wrote:
> Your right, "clear" does work. ÂThat example is too simple though.
> "edit" is similar to the server. ÂI'm testing with a copy of the server
> now. ÂIt behaves just as "edit" does, I see my command echoed back to me
> but nothing else. ÂThe session is hung and I can not see the interface.
>
> I don't actually need "edit" to work. ÂI'm just trying to provide a
> program that can be used to test the DOS graphical interface under
> screen. Â"edit" re-sizes the DOS window. Â The server does not do this.
> You may know of another DOS interface that could be used to test this.

In general, non-cygwin programs can't be run reliably inside of an
application that uses cygwin PTYs, including xterm, rxvt, and screen.

Don't quote these headers.  We already know them.

http://www.cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR

[ snip http://www.cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU ]

> Disclaimer: This message (including attachments) is confidential and may be privileged...

And don't do this.  Such "disclaimers" are against unenforcible when
sent to a public mailing list, and you will likely be banned from the
mailing list if you continue posting them.  If you need to, send
emails from a private address so this doesn't happen.

~Matt