Re: cron does not do anything

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ting Zhou" <>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>

I'd like to report a bug with Vixie cron. I have cygwin installed with cron option. And I ran
"cron-config" and set up everything. Cron-diagnose script didn't find any problem. Cron service
was also started without problem. However, cron just wouldn't run the simple command I set up in
the crontab "/usr/bin/touch /tmp/abcd".
****************
Hi,

On your system you have syslog running, instead of using the Windows event log.
That's fine, except that your syslog configuration now controls how the cron log messages
are handled. The current "cronbug" script is not smart enough to figure that out
and does not provide enough info to help you (everything looks normal to me)

Please send us in attachment the file containing the cron logs (if they are kept).
If it's very long, use "fgrep -i cron" to isolate relevant lines.
Alternatively, stop both syslog and cron, then restart cron only, run the cronbug script
again and send us the output.

Pierre