Re: MS-DFSR conflict with cygwin file permissions

On Apr 23 15:09, Stefan Walter wrote:
> Larry Hall (Cygwin) schrieb:
>> Stefan Walter wrote:

What on earth does this have to do with DFSR?  If this is a restriction
in DFSR, then how would anybody be able to use it on files created under
Interix?  As POSIX environments, Interix and Cygwin set file and
directory permissions POSIX-like, in an (almost) identical fashion.  If
POSIX permissions really break DFSR, I'd complain at Microsoft.
However, I'm wondering if that's not just a problem in your setup.

>>> That was a great hint.

Note that it won't work anymore in Cygwin 1.7.  See the mount option
noacl instead:
http://cygwin.com/1.7/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table

> The loss of the POSIX permissions is fine for me. But what is then the
> purpose of tty in the CYGWIN variable?

None.  It's a leftover from the past.  Since applications called
through sshd are always running in a pseudo tty, the option has no
effect.

Corinna

Red Hat