RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: rxvt-20050409-10

Charles Wilson wrote:
> o Restore Alt-Space behavior (e.g. pass thru to windows, to
>   allow access to Minimize/Maximze/Restore menu). Reported
>   by Davide Dente.

You say "restore", but I've never seen this behaviour in rxvt.  Did it
only make a transient appearance?

Alt-Space is used in emacs for "just-one-space" which I use frequently.
I can count on the fingers of zero hands the number of times I've ever
wanted to summon the window menu using the keyboard from within rxvt.

So, before I update and regret it, can this pandering to a Windows
convention at the expense of *nix compatibility be disabled?  If not,
I consider this to be a major regression, effectively rendering rxvt
useless for me.

Cygwin is fundamentally about facilitating doing things the *nix way
in a hostile Windows environment, not about compromising *nix
applications in order to make them more friendly for Windows users.

Phil
--

This email has been scanned by Ascribe Ltd using Microsoft Antigen for Exchange.