Re: cygwin / ssh / veritas problem: PBX_Acceptor

Thanks for the detailed answer.
But when I run passwd -R , I get  "passwd: unknown option -- R" error. Even
Administrator user gets the same error . ps -ef shows cygrunsrv is owned by
SYSTEM
Also I wanted to try Method 2 but I can't find cyglsa-config , neither
in /bin nor in /usr/bin directory.

             Corinna Vinschen
             <corinna-cygwin@c
             ygwin.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  cygwin@cygwin.com
             cygwin-owner@cygw                                          cc
             in.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: cygwin / ssh / veritas problem:
             24/04/2009 04:11          PBX_Acceptor
             AM

             Please respond to
             cygwin@cygwin.com

On Apr 23 16:41, Can Ekingen wrote:

> I installed cygwin base and admin packages along with openssh on a
windows
> server. Veritas volume manager 5.1 is also installed on this server. I
can
> ssh to cygwin and run commands remotely by typing password. But I want to
> run commands without password. So I configured .ssh/authorized_keys2
file,
> so I can ssh without password. There is no problem in running unix
commands
> like ls , echo even some EMC symcli commands like sympd list. But when it
> comes to veritas volume manager commands , ssh hangs with an error
message
> that I can't even find on google:
>
> root@client:/root# ssh winserv  -l iadministrator "vxdisk list"
> PBX_Acceptor, cannot connect on \\.\pipe\/tmp/PBXPIPE
> {8c7ebc1d-19bd-4d90-9f79-baf15bd318b9}, pipe connect: Input/output error

This is the usual problem when running in the wrong session.  This has
been discussed a lot on this list in the last couple of years.  For the
next major release of Cygwin we have a solution for this problem, which
is, using a password for password-less authentication.  Read
http://cygwin.com/1.7/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-setuid-overview
carefully.  The problem is explained in
http://cygwin.com/1.7/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-nopasswd1
the solution in