Re: WMIC

Dave Korn wrote:
Bruno Galindro da Costa wrote:
Christian,

It Works perfectly for both! Can you explain why that commands
works and not only "wmic cpu list full"?

The wmic.exe file imports console functions like SetConsoleMode() and SetConsoleScreenBufferSize() from kernel32.dll. I presume that wmic performs some direct console I/O which conflicts with Cygwin's tty. This can be prevented by redirecting the standard input. But then wmic creates an empty file 'TempWmicBatchFile.bat' in current directory ...

The following works for me in Cygwin console (notty, tty, and mintty) on
XP:

$ echo '' | wmic cpu list full

or

$ wmic cpu list full </dev/null

So, are some of you guys using a DOS console, and some using rxvt/xterm/whatever gui console?

There is no difference in this case. Wmic hangs in Windows console, mintty, rxvt and xterm if run without redirection from a Cygwin shell.

-- Christian Franke