emacs -nw keypad (was: [1.5] Updated: {emacs,emacs-X11,emacs-el}-23.0.92-2)

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the taking on the emacs maintenance. A new release after so long
is welcome and it looks very nice.

I have however found one problem with this experimental release 23.0.92-2:
when I run it in no-window mode (emacs -nw) in an xterm (or rxvt), the
keypad keys do not seem to be defined or mapped to emacs functions. I use
tpu-edt mode, which relies on those keys. It worked fine in emacs 21.2.1 (I
just tested on another system) and 23.0.92-2 works fine in window mode
(without -nw).

I can't tell whether this is a general emacs problem or a Cygwin-specific
problem because I don't have this version of emacs anywhere else. Fedora 10
uses 22.3 and Ubuntu 9.04 uses 22.2.1. Indeed, as far as I can see
(http://gnu.org/software/emacs), the current stable release is 22.3, so by
implication this version 23.0 is unstable.

I am a bit concerned that we are jumping ahead to the bleeding edge. That's
fine for an experimental release like this, but a bit worrying if this is to
become the default Cygwin release. Is there a particular problem with 22.3
that forced you to jump forward?

Thanks,
Tim.