Re: emacs -nw keypad

On 5/26/2009 9:11 PM, Tim Adye wrote:
In Cygwin 1.5 xterm (TERM=xterm), with "emacs -q -nw" (or also with "-f
tpu-edt") I get

ESC [ > 1 ; 2 4 2 ; 0 c ESC O q ESC O r ESC O s ESC
O t ESC O u ESC O v ESC O P l

The initial "ESC [ > 1 ; 2 4 2 ; 0 c" is just the response from xterm, asked
for its version number (242). The "ESC O q" to "ESC O v" are the keypad
"123456", but somehow with numlock on (perhaps this is a feature of my
Exceed X-server). The "ESC O P l" is the "F1 l" at the end.

Despite the differences, it looks like neither of us is getting any
interpretation of the keys.

But this doesn't seem to have anything to do with recent versions of emacs. I just reverted to cygwin's emacs-21.2-13 (in cygwin-1.5) and repeated several of my tests (all except the one in rxvt), and the results were identical to those I reported before.

I'll bet the problems you reported had nothing to do with updating emacs. Probably when you ran setup.exe to update emacs, other packages were updated at the same time, and changes in these are somehow responsible for the poor interaction between emacs and the terminal.

I think you should be able to tell what other packages were updated by looking at /var/log/setup.log and/or /var/log/setup.log.full. Could terminfo be the culprit?

Chuck, can you help?

Ken