Re: emacs -nw keypad

On 5/27/2009 11:21 AM, Andy Koppe wrote:
xterm doesn't send those keycodes in its default configuration with
"PC-style Function Keys". Instead, with NumLock off, the numpad keys
send the same codes as the equivalent keys on the small cursor and
editing pads, so e.g. 1 (End) sends ^[OF.

See here for details:
http://invisible-island.net/xterm/ctlseqs/ctlseqs.html#PC-Style%20Function%20Keys

Thanks for the reference, Andy. In any case, emacs should be smart enough to deal with and/or control the keycodes xterm sends, and apparently it is able to do so on other platforms. Also, according to the OP, emacs 21.2 used to be able to do it on cygwin. So I hope someone can figure out why it doesn't work any more. The problem occurs in rxvt-native and in mintty as well as in xterm. It also occurs in a windows console running bash (with CYGWIN=tty). So I still come back to thinking that something has changed in a cygwin package that provides terminal support, and we need to find out how to make emacs work with that change.

Ken