RE: How to run GNU Emacs from Windows icon

It may not produce any difficult symptoms with XEmacs itself, but without
that I don't get a normal login shell out of the box.

> > However, when I try to do something similar for GNU Emacs, it fails
> > immediately. When I tried running the analogous command from the DOS
> > prompt, I got this:
> >
> > -----------------
> >> C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe --login -c "C:/cygwin/bin/emacs.exe"
> > emacs: Terminal type cygwin is not defined.
> > If that is not the actual type of terminal you have,
> > use the Bourne shell command `TERM=... export TERM' (C-shell:
> > `setenv TERM ...') to specify the correct type. It may be necessary
> > to do `unset TERMINFO' (C-shell: `unsetenv TERMINFO') as well.
> Again, why run bash first then run emacs?

Again, so I get a login shell.  In any case, this has no effect on the
symptom.  I tried doing this without bash, and it fails in exactly the same
way.

Thanks.