Re: Optimize cygwin on recent windows version (Vista and Seven)

Vincent R. wrote:

> The next step would be to do some profiling but I am not expert with gprof.
> I think that Dave Korn already did something like that, I hope he will
> comment.

  I'm afraid you may have misremembered, or anyway, I don't recall the
occasion you're talking about.  As far as I know, the newer OSes are just dog
slow, and I think the mingw figures you posted probably confirm that.  That
doesn't mean that we mightn't be able to find a critical hotspot by some
profiling and figure a way round it OTOH.

    cheers,
      DaveK