Re: SSH SAMBA

Holikar, Sachin (ext) schrieb:
Yes Jakob. We have ssh server configured onto windows XP alongwith Cygwin. After this configuration, we did a samba mount from a Linux Server of lets say my home directory ( the user name is again from a windows Domain Server ).
I never tried such a setup however I would bet that the permissions valid for the cygwin drive mounts are those of the user or users who were used to connect the network drives. If you want to have SAMBA drive a and drive b with separate access logics, you need to connect these drives using two separate users on the windows box AND set the permissions on the samba end (FS and samba) repsectively.

JC