Re: Some questions about mintty

2009/6/25 Mark Harig:
>> > At the bash shell prompt while editing commands is one example, but
>> > it is also the case for me in text editors, vim or emacs, for example.
>> > From the Options menu, I set the cursor type to block and set the
>> > cursor color to a light color, say, yellow, and then moved the block
>> > cursor back over the text of a command at the shell prompt.
>> > Because the cursor-text color remained white, when it combined
>> > with the light block color, the text inside the cursor block
>> > "disappeared."
>
> ForegroundColour=0,0,0
> BackgroundColour=255,255,255
> CursorColour=255,255,0

Ah, you've got a yellow cursor on a white background. Isn't that
rather difficult to see in the first place?

Clearly a matter of personal preference though, hence I'll implement
the following:  compare the cursor colour to the foreground and
background colours and set the cursor text colour to the one that's
further away. So in this case the foreground colour would be used as
the cursor text colour.

Andy