Re: Possible Bug or limitation in Cygwin 1.7 and Rsync and file number limit

On Jul  1 07:36, Lists wrote:
>> I tried it 6 times in a row, every time erasing the destination files.
>> Works fine for me.
>>

>> Corinna
>>
> Perhaps you have hit upon the problem.  I am just downloading and running
> setup-1.7.exe and it definetly has this problem.  I tried to download and

Setup-1.7.exe can't have this problem.  What you mean is the Cygwin DLL.

> build it from CVS as you did but I have never done that before and for
> some reason it isn't working.  I'm not even sure if I am downloading code

What are you trying to download and build from CVS?  Setup or Cygwin?

> for v1.5 or v1.7 but when I follow the instructions under the FAX, it

No idea what you mean.  When you use Setup-1.7 you'll download the 1.7
packages.  When you download CVS HEAD, you'll download the 1.7 sources.

> won't build.  So when will the latest changes be incorporated in the
> version downloaded in the setup-1.7.exe because it defintely has this
> problem.  I have no doubt about it.

That's fine, but unless I can reproduce it, I can't fix it.  You could
try to debug it yourself.  There's GDB, strace, and sources for everything.

> problem.  I have no doubt about it.  Or, is there somewhere else I can
> find a pre-built version of the latest CVS cygwin1.dll?

http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

Corinna

Red Hat