Re: Network drive issue -- 'no such host or network path'

On Jul  1 11:35, Stephen Wilkinson wrote:
> Corinna, thanks for your reply.
>
> > These are not very helpful to understand what's going on,
> unfortunately.
> >
> > From your Cygwin 1.7 installation, please run
> >
> >   $ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo /cygdrive/u
> Device Type        : 6
> Characteristics    : 10
> Volume Name        : <0>
> Serial Number      : 75
> Max Filenamelength : 255
> Filesystemname     : <NTFS>
> Flags              : 4006e
>   FILE_CASE_SENSITIVE_SEARCH  : FALSE
>   FILE_CASE_PRESERVED_NAMES   : TRUE
>   FILE_UNICODE_ON_DISK        : TRUE
>   FILE_PERSISTENT_ACLS        : TRUE
>   FILE_FILE_COMPRESSION       : FALSE
>   FILE_VOLUME_QUOTAS          : TRUE
>   FILE_SUPPORTS_SPARSE_FILES  : TRUE
>   FILE_SUPPORTS_REPARSE_POINTS: FALSE
>   FILE_SUPPORTS_REMOTE_STORAGE: FALSE
>   FILE_VOLUME_IS_COMPRESSED   : FALSE
>   FILE_SUPPORTS_OBJECT_IDS    : FALSE
>   FILE_SUPPORTS_ENCRYPTION    : FALSE
>   FILE_NAMED_STREAMS          : TRUE
>   FILE_READ_ONLY_VOLUME       : FALSE
>   FILE_SEQUENTIAL_WRITE_ONCE  : FALSE
>   FILE_SUPPORTS_TRANSACTIONS  : FALSE

That's a new one.  It doesn't look like what is known of Samba, nor
does it look like a NetApp.  Can you please ask your admins what
filesystem we're looking at?

> >   and send the output to this list.  Additionally, please run
> >
> >     $ strace -o lsu.trace ls -l /cygdrive/u
> >
> > 	and attach the lsu.trace file to your mail.  Maybe that gives us
> a clue.
> > 	Corinna
> The lsu.trace file is attached...

The wrong one, unfortunately.  I requested this information from under
Cygwin 1.7, not 1.5.25.

As for this 1.5.25 strace, it looks very strange.

  Opening a handle to drive U: works.
  Trying to read directory entries from the directory fails with a
  Win32 error ERROR_NETNAME_DELETED.  So, even though Cygwin has an
  open handle to the directory, the call to fetch directory entries
  returns with "The specified network name is no longer available."

The 1.7 strace would have given us more details, but as long as we
don't have exact information about this filesystem, there's not a
lot I can do about that.  I have a hunch that this system, whatever
it is, chokes badly on the FileIdBothDirectoryInformation info class.

> mount \\\\UK.AGEE.COM\\Homedirs\\ACHE /mnt/u

FYI, you can use forward slashes when using network paths:

  mount //UK.AGEE.COM/Homedirs/ACHE /mnt/u

Corinna

Red Hat