Re: fresh 1.7, bash fails with STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Dave Korn wrote:
Vincent R. wrote:

bash                 3.2.49-22              OK
libreadline6         5.2.14-12              OK
libreadline7         6.0.3-1                OK

Jerry DeLisle wrote:

bash                 3.2.49-22
libreadline6         5.2.14-12
libreadline7         6.0.3-1

Err, ok. So you've got the working versions. So why do you think you're getting the same bug at all?

  Surely this *has* to be some entirely different issue than the one that's
breaking a version of bash that you aren't using on a version of windows that
you aren't using?

I am very happy to accept that this problem is something else. Vincent sent a note that it is working for him. I am not sure what "working" means. I have a bash prompt, but none of the default environment variables such as prompts and paths and setting up the home directory are complete.

My original post was "Bash initialization w/cygwin-1.7"

What is next step.

Regards,

Jerry