Re: Bash initialization w/cygwin-1.7 on NT4

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 10:55:40AM -0700, Jerry DeLisle wrote:
Christopher Faylor wrote:
--- snip ---
I will try the manual process you suggested after I figure out how to get the snapshot and when it is available.
Bare in mind that I am using the broken environment to do this.

The fact that I could duplicate the problem means that I'm in the same state as you.

I managed to extract the snapshot and replace the cygwin1.dll while not
running any cygwin apps.  Restarting a shell seems to function as
before, uninitialized.

I then go to /etc/postinstall to find the scripts.  They are all
suffixed with .done.  Are these the scripts I should attempt to run?

Yes.

You need to do something like:

c:
cd \cygwin\etc
for %f in (*.done) do sh ./%f

OK, I have it fixed as follows:

1. Do clean install of cygwin-1.7 selecting bash one revision back.

2. Replace cygwin1.dll with the snapshot of today.

3. Start cygwin shell from desktop icon.

4. cd /etc/postinstall

5. PATH=/bin

6. for filename in ./*.done; do /bin/sh $filename; done;

7. exit

8. restart cygwin shell from desktop icon, all appears well.

Thanks Christopher and Dave for your help.

Best regards,

Jerry