RE: getting informative diagnostics from cygrunsrv

Never mind, this turned out to be fine I didn't remember
to THEN use "-S" since I thought installing would start it.,,,,

Probably ok now...

From: marchywka@hotmail.com
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: getting informative diagnostics from cygrunsrv
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 16:18:56 -0400

I've had generally good luck with cygrunsrv and have used it
on 3 or 4 machines that are running right now with a variety
of target apps. However, I have wasted essentially the whole
day trying to get antying to run with it. I can start the process
on bk with "&" and it runs fine it opens a server socket
which I can ping with wget. I am trying to run a java app
and thought that may be the problem but I backed out to some
dummy bash things and tose didn't work. Worse, I can'get
it to dump output ito /var/log using "-1" or "-2" even
after chmod'ing everything to 777. wtf? I have exhausted
all swear words that normally work and banging on th
keyboard has not proven to be effective either.

If I can use "&" to launch the process why can't
I do the same thing with cygrunsrv? I thought I hit
all the obvious stuff like paths and env variables
but I seem to be missing something obvious and I can't
use the svn server or ssh example that are running on the
same machine.

Thanks.

Mike Marchywka
586 Saint James Walk
Marietta GA 30067-7165
415-264-8477 (w)<- use this
404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message
989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency only
marchywka@hotmail.com
Note: If I am asking for free stuff, I normally use for hobby/non-profit
information but may use in investment forums, public and private.
Please indicate any concerns if applicable.
Note:  hotmail is getting cumbersom, try also marchywka@yahoo.com

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.

--Forwarded Message Attachment--