MVFS results

New thread (gmane gave me grief at finding the old one, and anyways, I'm adding
a couple new topics to the mix).

$ attrib foo
           M:\foo
$ attrib +r +s foo
$ attrib foo
     R     M:\foo
$ rm foo
rm: remove write-protected regular empty file `foo'? y
rm: cannot remove `foo': Permission denied
$ attrib -r foo
$ rm foo

Just as we suspected, MVFS doesn't support DOS attributes, which also
interferes with deletion abilities (I can also use 'chmod a+w' instead
of 'attrib -r' to get deletion to work).

Another one that's been bothering me: cp -p can't preserve times when copying
from a remote drive (I'm not sure if it is samba, NFS, or something else) over
to MVFS, but touch can; also, copying from local to MVFS has no problems
preserving times:

$ echo > /tmp/bar
$ cp -p /cygdrive/f/foo .   # remote to MVFS
$ ls -l /cygdrive/f/foo foo
----------+ 1 eblake Domain Users 925184 Nov  4  2004 cygdrive/f/foo
-r--r--r--  1 eblake Domain Users 925184 Jul 15 13:33 foo
$ touch --ref cygdrive/f/foo foo
$ ls -l /cygdrive/f/foo foo
----------+ 1 eblake Domain Users 925184 Nov  4  2004 /cygdrive/f/foo
-r--r--r--  1 eblake Domain Users 925184 Nov  4  2004 foo
$ cp -p /tmp/bar bar        # local to MVFS
$ ll /tmp/bar bar
-rw-r----- 1 eblake Domain Users 1 Jul 15 13:26 /tmp/bar
-rw-r--r-- 1 eblake Domain Users 1 Jul 15 13:26 bar
$ touch bar
$ ll /tmp/bar bar
-rw-r----- 1 eblake Domain Users 1 Jul 15 13:26 /tmp/bar
-rw-r--r-- 1 eblake Domain Users 1 Jul 15 13:37 bar

Do you need any straces for any of these actions?

Also, volinfo is such a helpful debug utility; should we go ahead and add it to
the utils directory, and compile it alongside other tools like cygcheck as part
of the base package?

$ volinfo /cygdrive/f/
Device Type        : 7
Characteristics    : 10
Volume Name        : <SLDAT10>
Serial Number      : 1414974143
Max Filenamelength : 255
Filesystemname     : <NTFS>
Flags              : 700ff
  FILE_CASE_SENSITIVE_SEARCH  : TRUE
  FILE_CASE_PRESERVED_NAMES   : TRUE
  FILE_UNICODE_ON_DISK        : TRUE
  FILE_PERSISTENT_ACLS        : TRUE
  FILE_FILE_COMPRESSION       : TRUE
  FILE_VOLUME_QUOTAS          : TRUE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_SPARSE_FILES  : TRUE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_REPARSE_POINTS: TRUE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_REMOTE_STORAGE: FALSE
  FILE_VOLUME_IS_COMPRESSED   : FALSE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_OBJECT_IDS    : TRUE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_ENCRYPTION    : TRUE
  FILE_NAMED_STREAMS          : TRUE
  FILE_READ_ONLY_VOLUME       : FALSE
  FILE_SEQUENTIAL_WRITE_ONCE  : FALSE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_TRANSACTIONS  : FALSE
$ volinfo /tmp
Device Type        : 7
Characteristics    : 20
Volume Name        : <>
Serial Number      : 1277927559
Max Filenamelength : 255
Filesystemname     : <NTFS>
Flags              : 700ff
  FILE_CASE_SENSITIVE_SEARCH  : TRUE
  FILE_CASE_PRESERVED_NAMES   : TRUE
  FILE_UNICODE_ON_DISK        : TRUE
  FILE_PERSISTENT_ACLS        : TRUE
  FILE_FILE_COMPRESSION       : TRUE
  FILE_VOLUME_QUOTAS          : TRUE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_SPARSE_FILES  : TRUE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_REPARSE_POINTS: TRUE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_REMOTE_STORAGE: FALSE
  FILE_VOLUME_IS_COMPRESSED   : FALSE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_OBJECT_IDS    : TRUE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_ENCRYPTION    : TRUE
  FILE_NAMED_STREAMS          : TRUE
  FILE_READ_ONLY_VOLUME       : FALSE
  FILE_SEQUENTIAL_WRITE_ONCE  : FALSE
  FILE_SUPPORTS_TRANSACTIONS  : FALSE

[For the record, I hate clearcase - I'd much rather use git.  Whoever thought
turning a version control system into a file system made sense must have been
on something at the time.]

--
Eric Blake