Re: MVFS results

Corinna Vinschen-2 wrote:

> Been there.  It's a remote trial over Web Browser for 3 hours.
> That's not exactly helpful.  Oh well.

The other option is the source code for linux.
It is Open Source.

I can find it from my release area (since I do not have a linux client):

 /cc/releaseArea/v7.0/linux_x86/clearcase/linux_x86/etc/conf/linux-mvfs.zip

I have been thinking of porting it over subversion...
Contrarily to Eric, I love ClearCase, precisely for the versioned file
system
(and the possibility to record dependencies, so as to avoid creating
duplicates of derived objects: sharing commonalities and managing by
difference).
I am probably still on the stuff the original developers sniffed...

Marc