Re: "ssh-host-config" now involves "cygwin-service-installation-helper.sh"

On Jul 16 18:14, Christoph Herdeg wrote:
> Great to see that at least you guys have fun and enjoy yourselves. I very
> hope to have "made your days". Thank you again for your superb help! You're
> great people!
>
> The way you answer to people seeking for help speaks for itself. I hope the
> google bots to be very attentative so you won't be bothered that much by
> dumb people like me in future.

Sorry if you feel you got a raw deal.  I really have other eggs to fry
right now, rather than fix up the ssh-host-config script, which is just
a curtesy to the users anyway.  That's why I still stand behind what I
wrote in the first place.

 http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#SHTDI
 http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PTC

And I'm allergic against the request to do remote debugging in foreign
environments.  That's something I won't do, unless somebody pays for it.
I have a domain environment myself.  I have a domain user called
cyg_server with the required user rights to run sshd, I have a domain
policy which forwards cyg_server's user rights to the client machines
and ssh-host-config works fine for me.

Other than that, the script was originally a help for the normal Joe and
Jane User, not for company admins which should basically know what they
are doing.  If you want ssh-host-config to become a kitchen sink for all
environments, then *you* have to invest time and/or money to get this
done.  I, for one, am not going to put my time into this voluntarily.

Corinna

Red Hat