Re: [1.7] bash loop and mintty hung issue

2009/8/2 ERIC HO:
> Hi Andy, FYI. I have tested Âout on my Linux machine running bash 3.2.48 (instead of 3.2.49 as on cygwin). I don't have this problem with bash under xterm with set -o vi and pressing shift PF key. Does this problem happen to you with set -o vi and pressing shift PF key when using mintty in cygwin?

Yep, both in mintty and xterm. And actually I can reproduce it in the
Cygwin console too, by entering the offending keycode manually. After
pressing 'Escape [ 2 4', the prompt looks like this:

(arg: 24)

Pressing ';' at this point causes bash to hang.

The issue only shows up on Cygwin 1.7, not 1.5. Since their bash
versions are almost identical, I'd suspect it's to do with the newer
readline on 1.7.

Andy