Re: cl.exe and a C1083 error

On 08/06/2009 12:45 PM, Jake wrote:
Yes, we are using the cygwin make.  Our builds all normally happen on unix and
using cygwin works better than wine.  On the machines it works on it's sending
stuff like:

cl.exe /I/usr/local/build/release/include

On my system cl.exe doesn't even pick up the /I with directories like this, on
the build machine it works correctly.  I was hoping there was some setting to
allow windows apps to use the posix path in cygwin.

Cygwin can't magically add POSIX semantics to Windows programs, so what's being done on the build systems is outside the realm of Cygwin and, as such, would be generally off-topic for this list. However, if I were to hazard a guess, I would surmise that the build machines have the path you indicate at the root of the drive they run the build from (C: perhaps?). You might want to check that.

Is there a way to dump all the settings from cygwin so that I may diff the
results between the machines?

Perhaps 'cygcheck -srv' will help if you need to compare Cygwin installations for some other reason?

Holliston, MA 01746