Re: 1.5.25: Different users when using ssh

On 08/06/2009 12:52 PM, GÃransson David wrote:
Hi all

I am trying to execute some scripts on a Win2003 R2 virtual machine via ssh. The problem is that the user running on the remote machine isn't what I expect.

When running
     ssh administrator@10.0.2.15 whoami
it gives me
     deployment-w2k3\cyg_server

However, if I start with
     ssh adminstrator@10.0.2.15
and in the resulting shell write
     whoami
I get
     Adminstrator

I use public key authentication, which I have understood can create some problems, but it seems to me that since it works in the second case, it shouldn't have anything to do with that.
Is there something to execute to change user, set user variables and such? I tried /etc/profile, but that didn't work.

No. This is a limitation of the SSH under Cygwin 1.5.x. You can try
Cygwin 1.7 <http://cygwin.com/#beta-test> which provides more options to
deal with the issue of public key authentication. See <http://cygwin.com/1.7/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-setuid-overview> for details and
options. "Method 2" is probably what you want.

Holliston, MA 01746