Re: How to install QT in CYGWIN

On 08/25/2009 04:28 AM, Pok Wilson wrote:
Good day,

I have successfully compliled command prompt application in for Windows platform using cygwin (1.5.25-15). I need to use cygwin as my program requires Unix header files and only cygwin allows me to compile my program in a Windows environment.

Now i need to improve my program to make it a GUI application. And this is where I need help.

I am intending to use QT4.5.3 to create my GUI. And I have read about installin QT in cygwin to do that. After reading all the archives, I am really confused. I need some clear instructions on how it can be down.

Is it possible for you to guide me in achieving this? I need to install QT in cygwin so that I can make my command prompt application to become a GUI application.
I am using QT because it is able to create GUI application for Windows and Linux platforms. And more importantly QT is WYSIWYG which makes creating a GUI application simpler.

I would definitely accept other suggestions to achieve my objective if there are other alternatives. Thanks in advance for your help

Platform: Windows XP Professional
Compiler: cygwin (1.5.25-15)

1.5.25-15 is the version of the "cygwin" package. The compiler (gcc) version is 3.4.4 for the
1.5.x release of Cygwin.

I'm no QT expert (and I actually haven't even touched it in years) but from what I can see,
only QT3 is available as part of the release. There is this message from Yaakov a while
back about QT4:

<http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-apps/2007-07/msg00125.html>

Not sure how far he got, since Cygwin Ports (cygwinports.dotsrc.org) isn't accessible to me at
the moment. So perhaps there is a QT4 floating around for Cygwin 1.5.x on that site. If not,
you'd have to build it yourself.

Holliston, MA 01746