Re: Bug or feature missing in rsync.

Lapo Luchini wrote:
> Dave Korn wrote:
>>   It appears that cygwin has the xattr functions implemented and exported
>
> Of course I'd like to; I didn't hope it could be as easy as that. =)

Yes, it seems it was as easy as that.

% rsync-3.0.6-1/inst/usr/bin/rsync.exe --version
rsync  version 3.0.6  protocol version 30
Copyright (C) 1996-2009 by Andrew Tridgell, Wayne Davison, and others.
Web site: http://rsync.samba.org/
Capabilities:
    64-bit files, 64-bit inums, 32-bit timestamps, 64-bit long ints,
    socketpairs, hardlinks, symlinks, IPv6, batchfiles, inplace,
    append, ACLs, xattrs, iconv, symtimes

"make check" tests seems to have good results too, except the xattr one
is a SKIP.
Mhhh, that depends on a missing commandline "setfattr" utility.
But the package itself could be GTG anyways (it sure shouldn't be
"worse" than the current 3.0.5 one).

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/

âThere is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.â (Ken
Olson, founder of DEC, 1977)