Re: subversion and utf-8

David Rothenberger wrote:
> % export LANG=C.UTF-8
> % touch wc/BurgstraÃe wc/GeschÃftsfÃhrer wc/fÃr
> % svn add wc/*
> % svn ci -m '' wc
>
> Note that the "svn add" will fail if I don't set LANG=C.UTF-8.

As per 1.7.0-62 announcement, UTF-8 should be the default locale for
LANG=C so LANG=C should work there as well.

But of course the "best" value to use is the language of the user + UTF,
e.g. in my case LANG=it_IT.UTF-8, and in the case of the OP I guess
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8.

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/

âThere is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will
prevent programmers from making bad programs.â (Larry Flon)