Re: Contents of /usr/share/man/man2 is empty

FYI:

I'm making my work on this subject available to any one who want to download my work. At
http://pmcferrin.homedns.org/lman2.cpio.gz
is a copy of the Linux/BSD manual pages of Section 2 of the man directory. If these man pages symbols are NOT in cygwin1.dll file, the files has been moved to a .deleted directory.

Please be advised that this TOTALLY UNOFFICIAL. They have NOT been reviewed for correctness with Cygwin. They are however a valuable resource. Enjoy. I would advised putting these pages into a local man directory, separate from system installation. They were downloaded from:
http://www.bigbiz.com/cgi-bin/listman?2
which were <PRE> pre-formatted .html files converted back to man files; including <B> & <I> processing for dumb rxvt windows.