Cannot access Samba share; cannot rebuild cygwin1.dll

I'm running into two problems using Cygwin 1.5.25-15 in Windows 7.

First is the "function not implemented" problem that is plaguing Samba users with Windows 7. (I even upgraded to Samba 3.4.3 in the unlikely event that it fixed the problem. No dice.) This issue was already covered in another thread and mentioned a DLL that was available to fix the problem.

When I saw that the fix was applied to the CVS I tried to recompile Cygwin using the CVS compilation information that's provided on the programming FAQ. Everything went okay until I decided to be cautious and run a make check to verify the new cygwin1.dll. The check failed with the following error:

"gcc: The -mno-cygwin flag has been removed; use a mingw-targeted cross-compiler."

I use Cygwin to make a local, NTFS-formatted backup of my file server, which is running Ubuntu. So, it's critical that this bug is resolved. Until this fix is integrated into the official release, please send me a link to where I can get the DLL to access my Samba shares again.

It would probably be good to make this link public as well. With Windows 7 now out and multiple people experiencing this problem, the fixed DLL should be made public with a very blatant warning about using it.