RE: Use of Dual Core causes random failures building OpenJDK

> 1.5 is known to have bugs in this area.  You can give 1.7 a try because
> I've
> fixed a number of race conditions; I'm pretty sure there are still more
> to be
> tracked down, but it's a good deal better.

Ah, that's interesting. I've been seeing odd effects too (in 1.7, 4 core
machine). Some of which (thanks Corinna) look like problems in our Samba
configuration but others seemed not to be network related. (current
directory not being correct for example). I'll try to post some repros or
examples when I see them.

/john