Re: [1.7] getgroups regression?

On 12/4/2009 5:48 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
On further review, I found my 1.7 /etc/group was more than twice the size of the 1.5 version; and all of that bulk came from duplicated entries.
[...]
But that still makes me wonder - is there anything we are doing in a typical install that might be accidentally inserting duplicate entries into /etc/group, or is this something I managed to fubar all by myself way back when I first created my side-by-side 1.5/1.7 installation (back before the transition was as smooth as it is now)?

I also have duplicate entries in /etc/group in a 1.7 installation that I created last February. But I have a more recent installation with no duplicate entries. So whatever might have been wrong seems to have been fixed.

Ken