Re: nasm -- what format does cygwin use?

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 05, 2009 at 01:44:14AM -0800, Linda Walsh wrote:
>> I knew Eric Blakes answer was hopelessly unhelpful and just trying to
>> wind me up since PE-coff isn't even on the list (though coff is),
>
> That's a rather paranoid way of looking at someone's attempts to help
> you.  Eric was, unsurprisingly, right in noting that the binary format
> for executables on Windows is "PE/COFF".  Look it up.

  Eric's answer was correct, just not relevant, but I don't for one moment
think it was deliberately unhelpful, I just think he misunderstood what
Linda's question was driving at.  Linda's response makes sense if you assume
that Eric was responding directly to what she actually was asking about;
Eric's response wasn't meant to be rude, but it wasn't entirely paranoid of
Linda to take it that way because it could seem to be brusque.  Never forget
how poor the bandwidth of email is w.r.t. communicating tone and emotional
inflection - and that's advice for everyone, including me :)

    cheers,
      DaveK