Re: [1.7] problems with compiling geos

kiorky wrote:

> Indeed, after the rebase sshd has really strange behaviour that make it unusable.
> To explain the full context, i have a non sufficient privilegied user to start
> services.
> My procedure to launch it is:
> * In my setup, i have an host somewhere that i connect to with RDP.
> * On the host rdesktop screen, i open a new cygwin shell
> * This host is not totally open to the world, so i make a reverse tunnel going
> to my box with port 'xxxx'.
> * On this host, i launch sshd by hand with '/usr/sbin/sshd -D'
> * Then, on my box, i issue a 'ssh -l user@localhost -pxxxx'
> * My local shell is then stalled
> * But it seems the shell spawns on the server side (rdesktop window) as i see in
> the 'cygwin shell', "Last login...," and the prompt.
>
> - Another strange problem is with subversion on the rdesktop shell:
> $ svn st
>      20 [main] svn 1168 E:\cygwin2\bin\svn.exe: *** fatal error - cygheap base
> mismatch detected - 0x6120C6E0/0x68C6E0.
> This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin DLL.
> Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility
> and delete all but the most recent version.  The most recent version *should*
> reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have
> installed the cygwin distribution.  Rebooting is also suggested if you
> are unable to find another cygwin DLL.
>
> There are no cygwin1.dll out there else.

  If you rebased while logged in over ssh, and using bash, that will have
caused the problem.  You do have two different cygwin1.dlls after that: the
one on disk that has a new base address, and the one that's still loaded into
memory in all those cygwin processes that are still running, which is still
based at the original address.  Rebasing everything is a tricky process, it
has to be done using just an 'ash' shell (not bash), and you shouldn't have
any other cygwin processes running.  Check the docs in
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/rebase-3.0.1.README.

    cheers,
      DaveK