Re: HEADSUP: Check mirror carefully when updating your 1.7 installation

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 6:37 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just found an unfortunate side-effect of the move of the Cygwin 1.7
> release area. ÂIf you use the new setup.exe for Cygwin 1.7 on a mirror
> which hasn't catched up with the update yet, you are in danger to
> overwrite your 1.7 installation with a Cygwin 1.5.25-based installation.
>
> Be *VERY* careful to check the packages setup tries to update. ÂIf you
> see that it tries to "update" your Cygwin from 1.7.0-68 to 1.5.25-15,
> then CANCEL setup.exe IMMEDIATELY and try another mirror.
>
> Hopefully this negative side-effect has been rectified by the mirror
> updates within the next 24 hours.
>

> Corinna

Yes.  I noticed that and thanks for posting the message about it.  I
have globally denied access to my mirror for the moment until
unscheduled update is done.  Once the update has completed it will be
opened up again so if you are getting forbidden errors on it then you
know why.

Robert Pendell
shinji@elite-systems.org
CAcert Assurer