Re: 1.7 hangs installing libncurses8-5.5-10

On 23 Dec 2009 at 22:44, Charles Wilson wrote:

> Wes S wrote:
> > 60% Cygwin Setup
> > Installing  libncurses8-5.5-10
> > /MZ|
> >
> > Stops here.
> >
> > I picked another mirror, downloaded everything again and installed.
> > Stopped at same place.
>
> I suspect you have a cygwin process still running, and
> cygncurses-8.dll is in use.  Now, this /should/ cause a popup dialog
> telling you about that -- maybe the dialog is hidden?

I left that out since retry got me further up the road each time.

I set all cygwin services to manual, rebooted and got a strc?? error,
can't find my notes now.

Anyway, 1.7 is installed now.  On the next box, I'm shutting down
services, setting them to manual startup, rebooting and then
installing.

Thank you,

Wes