What happens to disappearing programs when ones I used disappear from 1.7.1-1

Fellows:

I from time to time miss some of my programs AND they are not listed in the http://cygwin.com/packages/ page. One in particular which is a heavey hitter for me is "col.exe". I frequenly use the "col" commad as:

man pdksh | col -b >pdksh.man

It safely removes "spaces / backspaces" from your formatted text file is viewable with your favorite editor. There might be more that have went this way.

Is there an alias that I can use for "col". I did have it in 1.5 but on my system, 1.5 was a real mess.