Re: changing cygwin's console window title

Using the console window, I keep the Cygwin window title the same as much as I can. It works pretty well (for the commands I happen to use) by setting notitle in the CYGWIN variable and putting these lines in .bashrc:

   settitle() { printf %s $'\033'"]2;$@"$'\007\033'"]1;$@"$'\007'; }
   export PROMPT_COMMAND='settitle "Cygwin Bash shell"'

--
Lee Maschmeyer
Wayne State University Computing Center