Re: Tried out cygwin-inst-20100111.tar.bz2

On Jan 13 06:30, Eric Blake wrote:
> According to Corinna Vinschen on 1/13/2010 4:07 AM:
> > That only occurs in CYGWIN=tty mode.  The problem was that in tty mode a
> > piece of code reset all termios settings of the console to 0.  That was
> > no problem so far, but now that the VERASE key from the termios settings
> > is used to delete chars in the console, it hurt.  I fixed that in CVS.
>
> While you're at it, how hard would it be to implement the O_TTY_INIT flag
> for open() on a tty, documented as setting termios to its default
> conforming state?

IIU the SUSv4 description C, and given that a newly opened console is
always setup with the default termios settings anyway, we could simply
set O_TTY_INIT to 0 and be done with it:

  If path identifies a terminal device other than a pseudo-terminal, the
  device is not already open in any process, and either O_TTY_INIT is
  set in oflag or O_TTY_INIT has the value zero, open() shall set any
  non-standard termios structure terminal parameters to a state that
  provides conforming behavior.

Right?

Corinna

Red Hat